We listened to teacher feedback, and taking that into account we’ll be launching new and improved GameSalad for Education experience on Wednesday, August 8th.
First off, the old GameSalad Studio site will be going away. To replace it, we have added a teacher dashboard directly into Creator where you can manage your classrooms and students.
Some of the other new things we’ve added for this year are:
- The game tutorials have been built into Creator for students to follow along with (students only see what you have assigned them from the teacher dashboard)
- Student progress through the tutorials can be viewed directly from the teacher dashboard
- New assessments have been added with auto-grading for multiple choice questions
- The assessments can be taken directly inside Creator (no need for printing out and manually grading quizzes!)
- The ability to easily view student projects
- The ability to login as your students (very helpful for troubleshooting)
- Google and Clever Single Sign On directly into Creator
There’s also a helpful tutorial built directly into the dashboard to walk you through the setup process, so there’s no need to stress when you’re setting up classes this year. Everything you need will be at creator.gamesalad.com
We’ve put a lot of work into these changes and are very excited about the results, and we think you will be too. If you have any questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out!