GameSalad Game Jam 2014 is a series of rapid game development competitions using the GameSalad Creator that culminate in cash and prizes, promotion on GameSalad Arcade and Amazon, and the ultimate bragging rights in GameSalad game development. There are two competitions, each with a different theme, with two weeks to develop your game and submit your entry.
The top three games from both Game Jam competitions will be selected by GameSalad staff to receive a year of GameSalad Pro membership, and additional promotion for the game and the developer.
Additionally, 6 winners will be drawn at random to receive these fabulous prizes!
- · (1) Grand Prize Winner will get $1,000 USD and a year of GameSalad Pro
- · (2) Second Place Winners will receive $500 USD and a year of GameSalad Pro
- · (3) Third Place Winners will each receive an Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9” HDX tablet
All approved game entries will receive a free month of GameSalad Pro and be posted in a special section of GameSalad Arcade for each competition. The best entries as decided by GameSalad staff will also be posted on a GameSalad Arcade channel on Amazon*
You only have two weeks, so focus on replay value and fun. Think "cartoon short" rather than "epic movie." Each game however must be fully functional, contain at least one complete level, and be otherwise polished and free of bugs. All games submitted need to be designed for and tested on touch devices as well as desktop browsers.
*GameSalad will publish select games on Amazon for promotional purposes, with developers retaining all IP rights.
Game Jam Theme #1: "Soaring to New Heights"
End Date: Nov 6, 2014
To enter your game into the Game Jam:
- Publish your game to GameSalad Arcade.
- Make sure your game’s Visibility is set to Public Game and you’ve filled out all necessary fields.
- Double check the Category and Subject Matter sections to make sure everything is correct.
- Once your game is ready, on the Incentives tab of your publishing portfolio game for the page click the “THIS GAME IS READY TO JAM” button for the appropriate Game Jam.
- Each game can only be entered into a single Game Jam.