GameSalad Studio with Clever SSO
This guide will walk you and your classroom through the process of getting started with GameSalad Studio by signing in with your Clever accounts.
Note: Teachers will use the Sign in with GameSalad option using their provided GameSalad account, while students will use the Sign in with Clever option.
2. Fill in your provided GameSalad credentials and click the login button.
3. Click the Instructor button to create an instructor account.
5. Under the Classes menu at the top, select the Students option. This is where you can manage your GameSalad Studio classrooms.
6. Click the Add New Class link to create a new class.
7. Provide the class name that you want, and click the submit button.
8. Repeat the process above to create the number of classes that you need, but don’t add any students to them yet. That will be taken care of when your students sign in with Clever.
2. Search for and select your school. (Note: you may not need to do this if you are already signed in to Clever).
3. Enter your Clever login information, then click the login button (Note: you may not need to do this if you are already signed in to Clever).
4. From here, most of the info should already be filled in for you. Fill in a unique username for yourself, then click the Sign Up button to create your Studio account.
After you click the Sign Up button, you should see a message saying “This is the message for U13 students who are using an invite token”.
5. Click on the Join Class button underneath your username dropdown in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
6. You should see a box appear prompting you for an invite code. Your teacher can find the invite code through the steps below.
To find the invite code for your students, head to the GameSalad Studio student and class overview page (https://studio.gamesalad.com/family).
8. Select the class on the left that you want to invite students to, then click the ellipsis button in the upper right of the class list.
9. Select the invite students option from the dropdown that appears.
10. The invite code will pop up for that specific class that you can then share with your students.
7. Fill in the invite code that your teacher provided you and click the Submit button.
8. You’ll be prompted with a message asking you if you’d like to join your teachers class, click the Join button.
Note: After you click the Join button, it will look like nothing has changed. You’ll need to wait for your teacher to accept you into their class before you’re fully logged in.
Once the students have tried to join your class, refresh the student/class overview page (https://studio.gamesalad.com/family) and you should see a notification across the top prompting you to review and approve the students that are trying to join your class.
11. Click the Review Requests link.
12. Verify that the students trying to join the class are your students. Then click the Select All button, followed by the Accept button.
Once your teacher has added you to their class you should be able to refresh the page to be logged in!
After you’re logged in, you can view the lessons assigned to you by your teacher by clicking on Workbook under the Lessons tab at the top of the page.
Here’s what an example Workbook that has Part 1 of the Good Tank, Bad Tank game assigned looks like.