Hello CTAT SummerCon 2020 Attendees! Fill out the form below to request a free demo login and tour.
Keep your curriculum whether in person or virtual learning. No download required.
Be certain what the future holds when you teach computational thinking with GameSalad Web Platform. Self-paced projects with video instructions are enhanced by teacher lesson plan activities and quizzes. Whether online or in class, GameSalad meets you there.
What is GameSalad for Education Web Platform?
For grades 5 through 12 and beyond, students learn the fundamentals of computer science while building their own video games with GameSalad. More sophisticated than block coding, but free from heavy scripting, students love building and customizing games using our visual coding interface.
Practice Game Design: Focus on story, art and function, rather than placement of semicolons. Build totally original games with advanced learners.
Online Tools to Engage Students and Enable Teachers
With the features included in group education packages,
- View videos and step-by-step written instructions, perfect for self-paced study.
- Import their own graphics and sounds into their projects.
- Collaborate together on the same project at the same time.
- Test and play their game as they build, ensuring their logic is working as intended.
- Format their finished games for submission to the app stores or web publishing.
- Play their finished games directly on their mobile devices through the GameSalad Viewer App.
- Port into their student’s projects and see or edit their work.
- Collaborate with their student live in the same project at the same time online.
- View teacher Lesson Plans, full of activities to underscore the computer science concepts in each project. Lesson Plans are CSTA and TEKS aligned.
- Manage their student roster.
- Assign online quizzes for each project.
- Teach Game Design: the Capstone Unit explains how to approach creating a game from the ground up, aimed at small group collaboration.
With an internet connection and a web browser, GameSalad can be accessed from anywhere. Desktop, laptop, or Chromebook, just 2GB of RAM and access to Google Chrome or Firefox are all that’s needed.
See how easy it is to create games in GameSalad:
Request a free demo login and tour: