The response we received from our partners and fans regarding the last two GameSalad Arcade Game Jams was so positive and the games you guys created were so strong that we decided to end 2014 on a bang and do one more. We’re calling it the “Stuff Your Stocking Spectacular”. Why? Because we’re going to give away over $6,000 in cash, and nothing makes a better stocking stuffer than cash!
Unlike the previous two Jams, we’re requiring all submissions for this contest be original creations that have not been previously published, so everyone should be on a level playing field. The theme is “Winter Wonderland”, so go nuts with the best holiday-themed games you can create before the deadline, which is Monday, December 22, 2014 11:59PM GMT.
The top three games create will be selected by GameSalad staff to receive a year of GameSalad PRO membership, and additional promotion for the game and the developer.
Additionally, 6 winners will be drawn at random to receive these fabulous prizes!
- (1) Grand Prize Winner will get $1,000 USD.
- (2) Second Place Winners will each receive $500 USD.
- (3) Third Place Winners will each receive $100 USD.
All approved game entries will receive $10 USD (to be paid via PayPal shortly after the conclusion of the event) and be posted in a special section of GameSalad Arcade for the competition. The best entries as decided by GameSalad staff will also be posted on a GameSalad Arcade channel on Amazon*
To be accepted, games must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Submissions must run on the GameSalad Arcade and be playable with both touch and keyboard/mouse controls.
- Submissions must be new, previously unpublished work.
- Submissions must follow the theme of “Winter Wonderland”
- Submissions must have basic elements of gameplay (challenge, victory condition, scoring, etc)
- Submissions must be wholly original IP that do not violate the IP rights of any other holder.
- Submissions must be “family friendly” (no profanity, nudity, graphic violence, etc).
- Submissions must be “finished” in gameplay and appearance.
- Submissions must be published by Monday, December 22nd, at 11:59PM GMT.
Each approved submission earns another entry in the random drawing, so the more games you submit, the better your chances to win! To be eligible for cash prizes, developers MUST have completed their Tax Information form and have supplied a valid and operational PayPal email address.
Complete legal rules can be found here. The clock is ticking, so get cracking!
* GameSalad will publish select games on Amazon for promotional purposes, with developers retaining all IP rights.